Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2016

Got blisters - best to pop them or no?
How to cook rice, noodles, potatoes.  Especially potatoes.  Rice and noodles i am okay at.  Rice was tricky.  I followed the insturctions but it turned into rice soup.  Super soggy.  Couldnt waste it though so i ate it for breakfast - Rice cereal!
Mail service?  Did you send me a letter?  Havent gotten anything.  Dont know how it works.  
Pictures of the family would be nice.  I want to have some more pictures of you and friends and stuff to show people, but i dont know if i can print from email.   Could you send pics in the mail?  I am mostly talking about like pics from my facebook of dances or with my friends or just other pics.  I guess you could send some to my email, and then <i could just show them or look at them when i get on the computer. Also my senior pic for the yearbook with my mustache.
My comp has an allergy pill that is different medicine than mine.  It is also 24 hour.  Can i take his and mine at the same time?  Also, ive been taking sudafed everyday basically since the mtc until now.  Im starting to feel a little better, but ive been constantly stuffed up.  Any other medicine i can buy to help with my nose?  I will buy more sudafed if i can find it.

Usually it is not good to pop them.  I use moleskin (soft furry on one side and sticky on the other) and cut a hole in it so that it goes around the blister.  
Inline image 3

If you pop them, go in from the side of your skin about an 1/8" from the blister and go under the skin and up into the blister from the bottom.  Then push the liquid out the hole and leave the skin to protect the blister.
Rice is cooked at a ratio of 1 part rice to 2 parts water.  Put it in a pan and boil for about 5 minutes then turn off the heat and let sit for at least double that, 10 minutes.  Then check.  If the rice has not absorbed all the liquid bring to boil again for a minute and then let sit for a couple more.
Noodles is just boiling them until "al dente."  Just put in plenty of water as the noodles absorb some of the water but you don't want them to absorb all the water.  Boil them until they are "al dente."  This means they feel done to the teeth.  You just keep cooking them in water until you take one out and taste it and it is done.
Potatoes can be cooked a number of ways.  You can boil them like the noodles and when done mash them up with a little butter and mild and have mashed potatoes.  You can slice them and fry them in oil until brown and done.  You can bake them in an oven at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.  If larger go an hour.  Just wash and put on the center rack.  This will make the skin crispy and the inside fluffy.
Don't mix allergy (Anithistimine) medicines.  Either use his or yours.  Look at the ingredients.  If it doesn't have pseudaphedrine in it then you can add sudaphed with the antihistimine but don't take two different antihistimines.  Just try different ones and find one that works. Fexofenadine is Allegra, Loratadine is Claritin, Citerzine is Zertec, Diphenhydromine is Benadryl (will make you sleepy).  These are the most popular and all can be mixed with Sudaphed to add allergy with decongenstent.  I think Sudaphed is the best for your nose - get the real stuff pseudoephedrine, don't get the fake stuff (Phenylephrine) unless that is all you can fine - it doesn't work as well in my opinion.

I did one part rice, 5 parts water. Explains a lot.
Thanks for all the advice!

Chase,
Well the basement is looking great! We have finished insulating the theater room and the electrical. I have swept and everyone has helped take the items up stairs. I will be re-organizing the storage in the garage and putting away the Christmas items.
Brayden has decided to start eating healthy and working out. We bought him a gym membership at Vasa and he has started to work out with Davey on Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Part of the eating healthy he has cut out all sugars, all flour, and he eats a specific way. Today I made him a cauliflower pizza. I'm excited to see how it taste and see if Brayden likes it, I'm hoping he does.
Life is good and everyone is doing well. 
Love you and pray for you always.
Mom, xxxooo 

Wow!  goood for him!  i eat so much out here.  So hungry all the time.  WE dont eat dinner etither.  Crazy so lunch i eat so much haha

Hey chase it's Brayden i miss you. So i am on this diet and i have been working out with Davey. I am going to try to loss weight and gain muscle. I was 304 that was last monday and now i am 297 i am trying to get to 250 or 230 by next school year.  I have been practicing my song i have to perform... i am nor good at it at all. Tonight we are makeing cauliflower pizza for my diet. So thats whats been going on this week. When you get off your mission i will have a six pack well maybe.  It would be awesome if that happened.  What have you done this week?  Have any new people you are teaching? 
Love you, Chase

Nice!!!!!!!!!  I am trying to work hard too.  Excercise is hard in the morning cause i am tired but its important!  Love your goals.  Make sure to be accountable to someone with them.  Talks about that in Preach my Gospel.  You can ask davey about that.  Haha.
Brayden you are like the best singer in the family.  Dont give me that!  Haha.  Just keep at it.  Youll do great.
I will see that 6 pack!!!
Hey and the people here never say adios.  Only chau.  Haha thought you would like that.  Its cause argentines have a big european influence.  everyone kisses people on the cheek and stuff.
Not many new people

I have been having a super hard time with the language.  I feel like im not progressing and i still cant understand people like at all.  
And my companion has just been saying that i never talk and because of that i dont have a good relation with the members or with our investigators.  And that it will be super hard for me when he leaves to have a relation with them because <i will have a new companion.  He says unless i can do something about it, itll be like im just whitewashing again with my new trainer for another transfer.  
And when were teaching an investigator, i tried talking more and stuff.  And during that lesson, the investigator told my companion that im pretty much a terrible teacher and <i wont get anywhere if i talk to people like that.  He said im super like up front and forward.  The word he used was choking.  That the investigator felt choked i guess when i was teaching him.
so pretty much i feel pretty discouraged with the language.  Any advice?  What was it like for you?  How did you cope/learn the language?  I dont know i mean we only have 30 min for language study every day and that is only for the first 12 weeks.  After 6 more weeks there wont be any language study i think.  im studying the language books i got in the mtc and reading the book of mormon in spanish.  Ive actually started reading the BoM in spanish for personal study too.
I dont know what else to do.  People always say it just comes.  But i feel like im not progressing and i guess i just dont have the faith or something to believe itll just come.

I don't want to sound like everyone else but it just clicked for me one day.  I still struggle.  I always start with, "hablo un pocito de espanol, quizas podemos comunicarnos."  They smile and say, "Si."  Then they know that I know I am not perfect but I am willing to try.  Then when I am communicating and I don't  know a word I can ask them, "Como se dice..."  
Just talk as much as you can.  You next companion will be different.  You will do fine.  Pray in spanish and ask for help.  Read in spanish.  Talk to people as much as you can in Spanish - don't worry about how they perceive your Spanish you have to do it to learn.  It will be fine.  You've only been out there a month.  I promise you after one month your companion was just the same or worse than you.  Be persistent and steadfast and it will click and you will feel more comfortable and then you can continue to learn new things and fine tune it the rest of your mission.
D&C 50:40 to the end of the section
Think of other missionaries - Joseph Gen 37; David 1 Sam 17; Nephi got discourged, Joseph Smith got discouraged, Mormon got discouraged - search them all out and learn that in the end they were blessed and victorious.
Study faith, hope, and charity.  Which comes first - faith or hope?  I don't know that you need faith if you have hope.  Hope seems to come first but sometimes I think Hope is more powerful than faith - what do you think?   Moroni 7, Moroni 10, 1 Cor 13

Thanks.  I will keep working hard.  I will study those chapters too and let you know.  Thanks

This past week we had to go to bariloche- an 1.5 hour bus ride each way, and to Neuquen- a 7 hour bus ride each way.  Haha.  Went to bariloche for intercambios and the transmission.  Transmission was good.  We have already been living the new schedule so thats cool.  Didnt understand a lot of it because we watched it with a spanish voice over haha.  Went to neuquen for tramites.  Passport stuff.  It took like 20 min and i just basically got my fingerprints done at a police station.  The bus ride coming back from that stunk so bad.  We were right by the toilet so for 7 hours it was like we were in a port a potty haha.  Super pretty ride though.  Patagonia is lit.
On p day we went to rio correntoso.  Shortest river in the world is what is known for.  Dont know if that is true, but super pretty.
We ate with members a lot this week which was good.  Had spaghetti a couple of times.  They dont put like any sauce on it though, but im not complaining.  I will literally eat anything because i am starving all the time haha.  We had morcilla a couple of times too.  Blood sausage in english.  Its pretty good actually, but its a mental battle everytime.  Its basically coagulated cow blood in a sausage lining.  Like that is it.  cooked blood basically.  I like it.  My comp doesnt eat it though. 
We have had a couple of really good lessons with a few investigators and some recent converts.  We were disappointed though when no investigators showed up to church.  We are so close to one getting baptized.  He just isnt pulling the trigger.  He knows the church is true, i think he is just scared for the changes that means for him and his family. 











No comments:

Post a Comment