Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017

Let me know if you can see this video.
Love you,
Mom



Kind of haha

haha what time is it there? 630?

Yes, when you emailed, it's 650 right now.

Chase,
I'm working in figuring out when to send you a hand written letter. I know how important it is to you and I'm going to do my best to write you a hand written letter once a month.
I thought I would write you a little earlier this week. 
Monday - I loved getting your emails! To hear you have been blessed to re-open an area is wonderful. Your Heavenly Father knows you are a hard worker and you are willing to go where he wants you to go. You'll definitely be blessed.
Katelynn had Brooklynn at 10:47pm. She was 8lbs. 3oz. and 21 inches long. She is adorable! 
Davey is liking Lidia more and more. I do have to say they are a lot alike - free spirits and very outgoing! They have seen each other every day since they met, except for the week she was in Florida.
Our week has been pretty dull, not much going on except for work (Davey, Dad, and I) and school (Brayden). I hope you have had a good week and you haven't had to many spiders to kill and dogs to run from.
Love ya,
Mom
xxxooo







Thanks!  Love the pics!  Just remember you cant send packages.  They emphasized this.  It is not possible at all.  I dont know about that guy from SLC, but probably just dont send any packages.  Letters are okay

Good to know...no packages  :(
How are you doing?
Are you eating enough?
Are you being safe? 
Mom

Doing okay.  dont want to worry you but the winter coat isnt totally water proof.  I was soaked all day yesterday.  Ink spilt on my garments and suit pants.  Can i still wear the garments?  its just a few spots.  Eating is probably what i worry about most.  We dont get a lot of lunch appointments and we cant cook very well, and we dont have very much money.  Haha.  We are completely safe. 

Can we put money in your account so you can get a waterproof coat an d some for food?

No, dont worry about it.  I have my other rain coat too and i will work it out with food.  I will let you know if i ever need more money

With your garments, I personally don't think a little ink will hurt. I feel your Heavenly Father understands and will be okay with you wearing them.
You will need a good warm/waterproof coat for the winter, so you might think about getting one.
I'll try not to worry but realize that is my job as a mom. I'll pray for you and the people, si their hearts will be opened and feed you elders. 

 Well you were on early this morning. So good to hear from you. You were talked about at church yesterday during your dads and your mom's testimonies that were born. We been so concerned about you since your last letter, how are things going with your companion and with the work?  Are things better? We have been praying for you. 
 As you know from your mom's letter, you have a new niece. We realized a miracle from heavenly father and her delivery and everything being OK.

That is awesome!  Things are better with my comp.  Its hard though.  I feel more homesick here than i did in the mtc. Haha hopefully it will pass.  

As a new missionary serving in Preston, England, Elder Gordon B. Hinckley was facing a major trial in his life. He was sick when he arrived in the mission field, and he quickly became discouraged because of the opposition to the missionary work. At a time of deep frustration, Elder Hinckley wrote in a letter to his father that he felt he was wasting his time and his father’s money. A little while later, Elder Hinckley received a reply from his dad. It said, “Dear Gordon, I have your recent letter. I have only one suggestion: forget yourself and go to work.”Earlier that morning during scripture study, Elder Hinckley had read in the Bible, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it” (Mark 8:35). “With my father’s letter in hand, I went into our bedroom in the house at 15 Wadham Road, where we lived, and got on my knees and made a pledge with the Lord. I covenanted that I would try to forget myself and lose myself in His service” (Ensign, July 1987, p. 7).

Thanks. I will remember that.

Questions.  What card can or should i use to buy like souvenirs?  The black mariott card, or my debit card?  And i cant remember my pin to my debit card.  

Either card is fine.  You don't need a pin, you can use the debit card as a credit card too. 

 Cool, great, thanks.

Just let us know when and how much you spend so we can make sure and reconciliate and get it paid.  The next p-day after you spend, if you spend, will be fine.

Chase,
I've got to go to work now. Love you so much and hope everything will go well. 
Love mom

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about the inaugaration and everything with trump.  What he does, etc.

 That won't be until next week, but I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I told you this already or not, but one of the members of the Mormon Tabernacle choir quit because she didn't want to seeing it trumps inauguration and thought that it wasn't good at the church was seeing there as she felt it showed endorsement of him. Quite a lot of controversy over that one. The next big thing political event happened  was that Obama declared the Bears years the national monument down in San Juan County, the governor and the deputy governor both got on the radio and TV right after that and talked about how bad it was that that he was doing it most of the feedback has been negative about it but last night they had about 200 Indians on that supported what he had done so there's  political stuff on both sides of the issue. The Bears ears and national monument is 1,300,000 acres I believe. 

Last PDay we went to a national park in Argentina.  Nahuel Huapi.  So pretty.  Its a huge lake and a huge peninsula!  So cool.  

It has been pouring here like every day for a week.  Makes me feel like i am in hawaii or something.  

We have 3 investigators we have been teaching a lot.  Alfredo is one.  The missionaries had taught him before so we had his address.  We decide to drop by  unannounced.  He invites us in and says we couldnt have come by at a better time.  He has been going through a tough time with his wife as they are deciding whether or not to get a divorce.  He has three little kids.  He accepts the lessons really well.  The spirit is always strong. He said if he gets an answer that the Book of Mormon is true, he will call us up and take us down to the lake to get baptized.  Haha.  

José is another.  We taught him a couple more times this week.  One time, after a lesson, he goes into his room and come back with a baby eagle!  He is straight hippie.  Haha.  But our last 2 lessons, José has been drunk.  We think he has a pretty bad addiction.

Johana is the other.  She wants to get baptized, but just has to get a divorce with her husband first and get married to David who she lives with.  David is a member and her daughter is also a member.

The food here is different, but good.  They dont believe in lettuce in their salads, they put mayonase on everything, they have pizza places on every block but they arent very good.  Haha i had some asado though for the first time and it was pretty good.  Just like a dry rub barbeque.

Went to bariloche for Zone training.  Super pretty there.  Its a bigger city that is on the other side of the lake.  Ate at subway there.  Haha american food is always good!

Church was better this sunday.  18 people including us.  Pretty good.

Other than that, i just have to say i love this gospel.  I know that this is the true church!  Im so glad to have been born in the gospel.  I have thought a lot about what my experience would be like if the missionaries taught me. Just so thankful to know that this is the truth.

Love you all!







more pics.
My agenda got soaked so i dried it out.  More of bariloche.  so pretty.









 Hey, I set up your blog so I don't know if you can or want to access it, but the address is: ElderChaseMoss.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment