Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017

What time is it there?

1135 right now


Well you are exactly 4 hours ahead of us then.
I want to know all about your first week, getting picked up, at the mission home, where you are assigned, your comp, members, etc, etc.

Elder / Sister full name
Argentina Neuquen Mission
PO Box 321
8300 Neuquen, Neuquen
Argentina

I've just sent your new address to be updated for the sacrament programs. 
Thanks for sending it. 
Mom

Mom,
Just wanted to say thanks for all you did.  Being here just in my apartement has been hard.  I dont know what to cook, or how to clean, or whatever. 
Im learning.  The cleaning ive mostly got down.  Our place is pretty clean now.  Not by your standards, but clean.  But cooking is the hardest.  My Companion has been here for 23 months and been zone leader and AP, but he doesnt cook or clean at all. crazy.  Today we kind of fought about how much cleaning is really necessary.  I taught him the importance of being clean and not lowering to the standards of the people here.  Hopefully it will all be good.
But seriously, thanks a lot.  After the bathroom that i just cleaned today, i will clean anything when i get back home

Remember, patience and serve is the key. I know it can be frustrating to always do the cleaning and cooking, but if you have a Christ like attitude then it won't seem so overwhelming. 
I know how hard that must be, I'll pray that your companion will understand that through a clean home you can feel the spirit more abundant and love can dwell there.
Love you,
Mom 
xxxooo 

thanks

Hey Chase,
Good morning! First thing - no baby, but Katelynn will be induced today. You'll be an uncle with in 24 hours. Kind of exciting :)
The boys have all been sick during the break. It started with Dad, then Davey, and then Brayden. Davey and Brayden are still getting over it, but doing better.
We had New Years down at Jeff's and Chaneasa (sp?). Brayden went to two stake dances and Davey went with a friend to a party. 
We got Brayden and Davey set up in their rooms. All I can say is they are clean. 
Dad is telling me you are on so I'll make this short. 
Love you, 
Mom 
xxxooo 


Thanks.  Send more pics of the fam and everyone.  Love the plaque!  Tell Katelynn <i love her! 
Love you so much!
The work is hard.  I have the hardest time sometimes with it.  Especially talking to random people on the street.  We havent done that like at all. My trainer doesnt think its very necessary. Id love to get some advice from davey on that. How to start a conversation and relate it to the church.  I never know if its okay to just go up and say, Hey we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints And this is what we believe.  Do you want to know more?  Like i dont know if i should say that or not.  i want to be a successful missionary, but i feel totally lost with the language and way to do things.  Idk, its super hard

The internet is super slow and <i gotta go.  DOnt know if all three pics on my group email or the pics i sent will go through.  Let me know.  I will talk to you next week.  Thanks for the prayers

So I don´t have much time because we have to pay for our time here in the ciber (computer store place).  And I forgot my camera cord so I can´t upload any pics.  Sorry, next Week!
The plane ride was long and cramped. Took forever.  Stayed in a hotel, ate at the mission home, got my trainer - Elder Tarone from vegas.  So much.  My mission
Pres. Casariego is so cool.  He is such a nice guy.
Crazy stuff has been happening here.  The area I´m in is Villa La Angostura.  Southern part of my mission.  It´s one of the prettiest.  The area has been closed for some time because the work is so hard.  But President decided to open it this transfer against the AP´s discouragement.  So,   I got sent here with Elder Tarone.  We are whitewashing it!  We don´t have a district as we are the only missionaries here.  Our zone is Bariloche, but it{s like an hour away.  So basically Im a district leader.  Haha jk.  
The people are nice.  We have mostly just been talking to, and finding members. (didnt even have a list of member or any phone numbers).  But we got most of them now.  The people (including our mission pres) drink this tea called mate.  We can not, but we can drink something similar to it.  Its nasty.  Haha.
Got attacked by a pack of dogs.  (everyone has dogs here.)  They started charging us (like 5 dogs) and we just climbed up this hill so they couldnt get to us.  We got rocks and just threw them at them and they backed down.  Haha so cool.  
Our pension (apartment) is sketch.  Mom, you would be apalled by it.  Super small and filthy.  Just filthy.  And there are spiders everywhere.  Every day we are always killing more.  I hate spiders.  I do all right if they are just on the ground and stuff, but one day there was a huge one in my hand towel, another in the shower.  Crazy.  
We dont have very many investigators. Yet.  But we street contacted this guy named Jose.  He invited us in and we talked about the church to him.  We get into his house and he has like a shrine of religious books, and one of them is the Restoration Pamphlet!  Haha the sisters who were here a long time ago had taught him a little.  Crazy. 
Other than that its a lot of walking every day.  
Church was interesting.  There was 4 members there and one was a baby.  The branch president wasnt there, just one of his counselors and he is from Bariloche.  10 people in total (counting us) were there.  We had like a 30 min sacrament mtg. of the sacrament, mine and my companions testimonies, and the counselors testimony.  No priesthood or sunday school after.  That was it.  Haha.
Lots more has happened but my time is limited.  Love you all!!



I have more pics, but can only send this many.  The google drive thing sucks cuz i dont want to give everyone permission every time. 

Don't use google drive then and just attach them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment