Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017

is it 7 am there? and 11 am here?

Hey, sorry I missed you. Are you still on? 

Yes, 7 am when you emailed.

Just getting off

Love you,   Have a great week 

Love you more!


Haha, I love you are challenging me...means you are happy and enjoying your time there.
Love you the most  ;)
Mom

Highlight for this week was probably the baptism of Jeshua.  I baptized him in the lake Nahuel Huapi!  So cool. So pretty.  So spiritual.  The water was freezing, but I honestly didnt feel the cold.  Jeshua did though.  He was skirming like crazy and saying, ¨Hurry!  Hurry!  Get me out of here!¨  Haha it was good though.

Im up to 4 kisses this week.  3 from girls and 1 from a dude.  Haha they were all on the cheek because thats what people do here.  I tried to avoid it because we are not supposed to greet that way (obviously), but they are just too dang fast.  I put out my arm for a handshake but they swerve around and go in for it.  Haha Ive got to work on my strategy there.  My trainer says it happens all the time and sometimes you cant avoid it.  Haha so weird.

Ive learned that on Sundays here, so many people get drunk.  Haha, we got stopped a couple of times by people just completly hammered.  We talked to another guy on Sunday too that professed he worships the devil and doesnt believe in God or Jesus Christ.  Loco.  We just testified that he is a son of God who loves him, and that Christ lives. 

Other than that, this week has been pretty normal.  We contacted this guy Luiz.  He is a pastor for an evangelical church.  BUT, we have had good conversations with him about the gospel.  We got invited in his house the second time we talked with him.  We literally walk in, and on his dining table is a Book of Mormon and a bible open next to each other.  He and his wife have both read the entire Book of Mormon!!  He says he likes it and he learns a lot from it.  Haha its crazy!  We will see how it goes!





Being here in this 2nd world country has made me think a lot about how much i took advantage of things.  (I will say though that the bidets are freaking nice though).  Just little things like paved roads, clean water, frying pans, drying machines, etc.  But being here has also taught me what is important to me.  Like family.

Family is probably the biggest thing I regret not appreciating as much as I should have.  I´m not homesick at all, but I before my mission I didn´t appreciate the fact that families can be together forever. I just thought, ¨Okay, that´s cool, I´m glad I´ll have forever to tease my brothers.¨ 

But being here, especially this week, I have thought a lot about the family.  I cant even imagine what eternity would be like without a family to laugh together, share moments together, cry together, help together, play together, eat together, read the scriptures together, pray together, and love together.  That is why Satan wants to tear the family apart.  He wants us miserable.  He wants us without a family.

What a glorious cause we are enlisted in as members of the Church.  Members of a Church that knows the family can be together forever.  To go out to our neighbors, our friends, our co-workers, our city, to the world.  To tell them this eternal truth.  That THEIR family can be eternal.  Their family can be forever happy with God. That is a priceless offer.  Something that money can´t buy and doesn´t have to buy.  We can have it.  Everyone can have it if they just accept this gospel.  Accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

 People think that accepting the gospel is a sacrifice.  That they have to give up their old lives.  That they have to stop having fun.  What garbage!  The only sacrifice they are making is turning their old life in for an infinitly better one!  That isn´t sacrifice at all.  It´s no sacrifice to read your scriptures for a couple minutes every day.  No sacrifice to fall on your knees and talk to that God who gave you everything.  No sacrifice to go to church to worship that same God and his Son.  This Gospel is glorious.  I am nothing without it.  

What great peace comes to my soul to know that my family will be together forever in this wonderful gospel. :)

 This is such an awesome email. Thank you so much for sending it we love details like this and to hear how you're doing and your feelings and what you're learning. We love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment