Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017

Im on and need my pin to get cash out of an atm.  Most places dont accept cards.  Dad can you access that info since you are on my account?  If not i hope <i didnt throw the paper away that zions bank sent me with my card and pin number.

Thanks

Hi Chase, good to hear from you. I am about 10 minutes away from work so I will do that first thing when I get into work. 

Thanks!

They don't have access to PINs for security reasons.  They have to request it be sent out, automated by a computer.  If you were in the states they could tell you how to reset it at a bank but since you are not I am having them send it to you at your address (which is our house).  She said 5-7 business days.  I also put a travel alert on your card so they know you are in Argentina and so they don't shut down your card thinking it was stolen.

Okay, so <i will get the pin next p day then?  That is good.  Just swapped out all my cash for pesos. 
So i am also good to use my card?  I will probably use it today.

Both cards?

I will call right now on the Marriott Visa and let them know you are there.  I didn't think about the travel thing till today.  But yes, you will be good to use both cards.  Again, just let us know.  Are you not getting enough money from the mission?
I will send the PIN regardless of day of the week when I get it.  It probably won't be till the end of the week or first of next week, but yes, you should get it by next P day.

I have one more week to go before <i get more money.  I have 200 pesos or so left for this week.  Im set for breakfast, its just lunch. and my companion wants to go to a restaurant today which will probably take up my 200 pesos.  we have a bit of food at the apartment for lunch.  And hopefully we will get some members. 
SO idk.  I think its enough from the mission.  But <im always frugal with my money.  Never buy the coke and soda and candy at the store like my companion does.

Marriott is flagged for Argentina now.  She said if you ever have questions you can pick up a phone, dial 0, and give them the International number on the back of the card and they will connect you for free.  Also, I requested a PIN for that card as well.  She said, since I have a black or premier card, that there are no foreign transaction charges with that card.  So, if you go to a restaurant and they will take VISA, use that card and it will cost less - no fees for conversation or international banks - then you can save your pesos.  

Use the black card for restaurants and purchases?

Yes, all.  It sounds like it will be the best card for credit card purchases.  Your debit card will charge fees (foreign exchange conversion and transaction fees) in addition to what you purchased.
I don't know on cash.  You will just have to get some cash from each of them and let us know so we can make sure and look and see what each charges.  I am open to purchasing with each too just so we can see if it really does make a difference.  
Do that.  Try to purchase the same amount at the same place with each card so we can compare.  And get cash with each card (after I get you the PINs) from the same place for the same amount.   It will be a great social economic experiment.  
Side note - on ATMs you have to use the ATMs that are listed on the Debit card on the back.  There are four of them on mine (I think you have the same) Amazing, Plus, Interlink, and Star.  Chose one and use that with both cards in addition to using each to purchase something at a store or restaurant.

Hey so i guess this will be short because mom has said every thing about my life that is going on. But i guess i will just ask u how your mission  is going? I miss u so much! But i am so I nervous because i have to open the cinderela play with a song that i have to sing by myself. Have you had any spiders crall on you? Whats the worst food u have had? Btw i have done all the work in the basement. I did all the labor. jope your doing good love you!!!!

Haha youll do great with singing!!!!  That is awesome!  No spiders on me.  Thank goodness. Almost though!  We have spider webs everywhere! Scary.  I had i think cow liver and cow pancreas or something.  It looked gross and tasted gross and smelt horrible!!!  Good work on the basement!!  Davey is pretty lazy huh?
Love you bro!!

Chase,
Good morning! 
Just saw you were on...hoping really bad it isn't too late and we can visit a couple of minutes. It's been a really busy weekend with tending Brooklynn so Katelynn can get some rest.
Love you so much and I've been praying the members in your area will start to feed you, haha.
Mom xxxooo

Made friends with a family who owns a panederia.  So good.  We just need to baptize 4 more of those families.  They made us pizza for lunch today.  Spent $215 today in the store for brkfst.  Eat oatmeal and corn flakes and a banana every morning. EVERY morning.  Haha.  (The pizza here is weird though. Not enough sauce or meat, and weird cheese

Thank you for getting back with me, oatmeal cornflakes and a banana is a good breakfast at least I know you're got some nutrition in your body and you can cook.  Have a great day and I will still continue to pray that you get more food from the members.

$215, that's quite a lot for breakfast isn't it?  If I'm figuring right that's about 12 bucks. 

Right.  Its for the whole week though.  Milk, cornflakes, oatmeal and bananas.  Also crackers and dulce de leche with that.

Ha ha, that is awesome 12 bucks for a whole weeks worth of breakfast. I was a little worried that you were spending way too much but now it appears You're being frugal. 

Good Morning!!!
How are you doing? I heard there has been some flooding in Argentina - Are you safe?
Mom - love ya

I havent seen any flooding.  Recently it has been super hot.  No rain for me.

So the inauguration was last Friday.  I watched it while at work.  There was quite a bit of criticism of Trump and his speech.  It sounded like the same thing he said during the campaign instead of thanking and being humble about the day and the event like most presidents have been.  
Obama and Michelle were very gracious and professional and Trump thanked and praised them for how they acted toward him and the whole transition effort.  One of Trump's appointees for his cabinet, I think secretary of defense, didn't meet the guidelines for having been out of the military 7 years.  So Orrin Hatch got congress to pass legislation changing that requirement and Trump signed it into law right after the inauguration so that his guy could be confirmed by congress.
There were pictures taken of the capital from the Lincoln memorial 8 years ago when Obama was put in and compared to the same type of picture for Trump.  There is about double the people in Obama's pictures.
There were rioters that were protesting and 217 people ended up in jail during the inauguration.  A funny thing I saw the next day was that Bank of America gave Hillary $98,000 and Starbucks gave her $400,000 for her campaign and the protesters that were arrested were breaking the windows of Bank of America and Starbucks.  Obviously they were just breaking windows of the businesses close to them and later it was found that both businesses supported Hillary.  
The other news is that Jacek put in his papers.  He got ordained an elder yesterday and just has to have his interview with the stake president for the papers and for a temple recommend.
We worked all day Saturday on the basement.  we got the pony wall done.  We got half the outlets moved.  We hung sheetrock on the common wall between the theater and the kitchen so we could put in insulation in that wall. 

That is so funny with the inaugaration!!  Keep me updated on it all!  how was motab? 
Sweet to hear about Jacek!  Tell him i love him and so excited!!
Cant wait for the basement!  Send pics!

MoTab did well.  They only sang one song, America the Beautiful.  They were on the steps of the Lincoln memorial which, as you know, is like a mile away from the Capital.  But they had speakers through the whole national mall for that and for Trumps speech.  
The piano guys performed the night before at a Gala Event.  And a kid from Lone Peak,Cache Olson (His DJ name is Olso) DJ'd for a Ball that evening.
That was all the people from Utah who performed.

Chase,
I've been thinking about you this past week, praying for you, your companion, and the people of Argentina. The last email/pictures you sent were wonderful to get and read. You already have grown so much and I know you are being guided by the Spirit to those who want to learn about the gospel. 
This past week has been a challenge. I've had a pretty good case of Vertigo and it has made doing the simplest things a little difficult. I'm sure it is funny watching me walk down the hall at work, walking like I'm a little drunk and driving a car has been a little difficult. Davey was very kind and drove me on Wednesday (my worst day of being dizzy). I've also had EFY's registration, so to say the least I've had to rely on family and help from prayers to get by.
Katelynn and I helped, last minute, withe McKenzie's baby shower. The weather was really bad, so Tonya and Grandma Coombs decided not to come. We had a great time. 
My cousin Myndie Sharp Schiel passed away. She was Aunt Ann's oldest daughter. She died of Ovarian Cancer. We will be going to her viewing tonight, Sunday.
I registered Brayden for EFY and he made the choir group Aquapella at Willow Creek. Because of this he has had to change his class schedule to make room for everything, so he is now taking morning semenary. He also learned about Musical Theatre at the Scera Theatre from Daniel McAllister and is enrolled in it. He will be preforming Cinderella. He is going to be The Herold, this is the guy who tells the people the Prince will be having a ball and he is the one who helps all the maidens to try on the glass slipper. He gets to do the first solo of the play. I'm so proud of him! He amazes me with all of his confidence he has in himself. He is so brave and talented. He is still encouraging Kyle to go to church and Brayden even asked him to sit with us during sacrament meeting. 
Davey is really busy with school! Lots of reading!! He and Lydia are working on being friends, in other words things have slowed down with the relationship. 
We started woring on the basement! The pony wall is built and the wall in the kitchen is up. Insulation is the 1/4 of the way up and we have ordered the cords to go in the wall for thetheater room. Dry wall will be started a week from tomorrow (Monday, 30th). We are so excited!
Dad and I are enjoying being Grandparents! We love taking care of Brooklynn. 
Love you so much!
Mom, xxxooo


Love it all! except your vertigo...  Love the pic of dad.  He is anxously engaged in taking care of brooklyn! haha <i pray for you all at least 4 times a day.  Haha

Do you need us to put any money in your account? We are happy to do so :)
Mom

No <i dont think so.  Trying not to use it.  But <i may have to today or during the week

Okay, we want you to not worry about the money - we want you to focus on your mission. If we can help with relieving the worry about money then please let us help. 
Love you so much and have a wonderful week!
May God bless you and watch over you and your companion. 
Mom, xxxooo 

This week has been hard.  Not very many lessons taught or much progress with investigators.  A ton of people canceled our appointments or just werent home (or didnt answer).  BUT, this week has been so good because we have been working our hardest!  
I was studying in helaman chapter 7 verse 17. It says,
O repent ye, repent ye! Why will ye die? Turn ye, turnye unto the Lord your God.¨  I love how throughout the book of mormon, the prophets tell us to repent.  We see that so often.  I also love how whenever there is a calling to repentance, they often say it twice.  Repent ye, repent ye, instead of just repent ye.  Its just interesting that we have to be repenting constantly.  Constantly turning to the lord and constantly changing.  Repentance is not a one time experience!  
In PMG, it says As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase.¨ I love this so much!  When we repent, when we use the atonement, we understand it more.  You can tell the missionaries who have a strong desire to preach and share the gospel, have a strong understanding of the atonement.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment