Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017

Im on, here in bariloche waiting for my ñnew companion

Good morning! How fun to be waiting for your first second new companion in the field, haha. Have to make it sound as exciting as I'm sure it is! I'm sure he will be just what Heavenly Father wants you to have.
Where are you? Is it far from where you where? Is it a bigger city?
Mom

An hour like south of where i am normally.  A much bigger city.  This is where the stake center is.  Look it up.  Bariloche

We put up drywall in the kitchen so that we could put insulation on the other side.
The other picture is of the boxes and wiring that we have in the wall with a couple of conduit; we have three HDMI cord and a coax as well as the power and then one of the boxes just gonna be blank in case we need to add wires later.
And then one picture is just of the pony wall that we built that the Beds back up to that you can prop pillows on with the insulation in the wall and the ceiling.





WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!  Looks great!  Keep me updated!








Whoa!!!!!  I just read your email with just the kitchen drywall.  Are you going to send me another email of the basement compeletly finished?!  That was fast.  Looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I sent a letter on January 31. We'll see how long it takes to get to you. I'm down in St. George right now visiting with grandma and grandpa and they asked about your address. I showed him where I had put your address into blogspot this is what I have: 
Elder Chase Moss
Argentina Neuquen Mission
PO Box 321
8300 Neuquen, Neuquen
Argentina
However, Grandma had a different address:
Elder Chase Moss
Argentina Neuquen Mission
Zapla 24
8300 Neuquen 
Argentina
Which one is correct? 
Love you,
Dad

I dont know.  It is the second one.  I dont know what p.o. box 321 is.  But the second one is the address to my misison home. and then from there they send it me.

AHhhhhh, idk.
Letters:
Zapla 24
8300 Neuquén
Neuquén
Argentina
Packages:
Zapla 24
8300 Neuquén
Neuquén
Argentina

It says this on my lds misisonary portal.  Idk, sorry

But obviously no packages.  Zapla 24 is where the mission home is.  

Ok, we'll just see if you get the letter we sent on Jan 30 with pictures.  If not, we'll send it to the other address.

Okay, i will let you know.  Love you

 Well you are even further south than your regular area, is that right? Is this like a major airport or train station is that while you're there? 

I sent some pictures of the basement in a separate email, hope you like them.
The Super Bowl was last night. We went to Terry's house and had lots of good food and watch the Super Bowl. The two teams were the Falcons and the patriots. I'm Falcons have never won a Super Bowl so I was kind of rooting for them as they were the underdog. In the fourth quarter  it was 28 to 9 favoring the Falcons. In the last six minutes the patriots came back and scored two touchdowns  and a field goal in both touchdowns they went for two point conversions instead of one extra point.   They got both conversions and tied the game with like a minute left. At this point because they were so far behind I was rooting for them. It was a great comeback and in overtime they got the flip of the coin received and, as you know, if you score on the first possession the game is over which they did.

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a super bowl!!!!!!!  I bet that was crazy with all the family!  I am here because i have to be with someone.  There arent any other misisonaries in my area.  So i came here with my comp, then he left to go home and i have been with the ZLs.  But it is a bigger city by far.  Great view of the lake too

What are some good exercisies to do in the morning in my apartment. 
Davey what was that push up challenge thing?


Chase, 
How are things going? I've been wondering how you are doing with cooking, your apartment, and your companion? I know the language has been pretty rough but I know you will be able to get it. Remember your blessing the Stake President gave you...he blessed you with the gift of tongues. Have faith, trust in the Lord, and be patient, it will come. 
Sheri Drew was at our church today. It was really neat to be in her presence. In Relief Society she gave some remarks on the lesson about Sister Marjory Hinkley, she she said if she used one word to discribe Sister Hinckley she would use the word Charitable. She then told of a personal experience of being at the Hinckley's home. She treated Sheri as if she truly cared for her. Sister Hinckley treated everyone the same with Christ like love, she was a true daughter of God.
Sister Hinckley said "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
D&C 105:19, love this scripture and I know it to be true!
Drywall is up and needs to be sanded and then textured. Next will be painting.
Brayden has lost 10 pounds and is still doing his best with working out with Davey. 
Love you always, 
Mom, xxxooo

Everything is fine.  A lot better this week.  How do i make pancakes from scratch?  Ive been craving some.  We dont have a frypan though.  so i use a pizza pan that doesnt have a handle as a frypan.  Haha.  It is like warped and sucks.  
thanks for the quote.  Love you tons!
Also, sorry if i dont respond a lot.  I really love everyones emails, but i just dont have a lot of time to write.

I understand if you can't write a lot, don't worry about me... I love reading your weekly letter. I'm just grateful you are doing better. 
Always in my prayers.
You need 3 dry ingredients and 3 wet: 1cup flour, 1Tablespoon baking soda or baking powder or half of each, and 1 teaspoon salt; then 1cup milk, 1 egg, and 2 - 3 tablespoons oil.  Just mix all together
Syrup is 2 cups sugar to one cup water heated till dissolved and add 1teaspoon mapeline (imitation maple extract).

AHhhh, they dont use cups here and i dont have any measuring stuff.  I will have to eye it out. Haha  Probably wont happen.  I forgot i would have to make syrup too.

You can eye it.  You know how much our little red, yellow, and blue plastic drinking were - that is one cup.  a nickle size in the palm of your hand is about a teaspoon.   A quarter size is about a tablespoon.  The measurements don't have to be exact.  If you make it and it is too runny then add some flour, if it is too thick add some milk.  Just get those six ingredients in about that ratio and it will be good.

Finished my first transfer.  I am getting a new trainer for this next transfer.  My old one just went home!!
I have had a super good week. Loving it here in Argentina!  In a different area right now waiting for my new comp so i dont have my journal to remember everything that has happened.  Jaja oh well.  Next week.  
On p day we went to cascada inacayal and climed Cerro Belvedere.  So pretty.  
Maybe just a list of things that are different about the culture here.  They sell milk in liters, not gallons.  Totally not enough.  And the milk is in cartons or bags, no plastic. 
On every street i swear there is a mechanic, a bakery, and a kiosco (just like a little store).  If the street doesnt have every one of those, it has at least one of those.  The people buy their groceries like day to day or week to week. 
We clap at doors instead of knocking because everybody has a front gate and it is like an invasion of privacy to go knock on the door.
The houses are super small and not well built at all. Some are just built from scraps. The ceilings are all super short because people are just short here.
There is a huge European influence here.  Argentines can be dark skinned like a normal latinos, but there are a lot that are white.
Sewage just runs through some of the streets. (At least in my area jaja).
Everybody drinks mate.  We cant, but we can drink mate cocido which is the yerba (herbs) that people use for mate, nbut in a teabag.









So i can use my black marriot card at an atm?

Yes, I think so.  
Also, don't do a balance check.  The balance check you did just to see what your balance was cost you $1.50.  Don't spend too much and we will check it often to make sure you have enough.

Havent used either card yet.  I will let you know when i do

You didn't just put it in and just see if it would work or do an inquiry or anything like that?

Oh yeah i did with the zions bank one
did that cost?

Yes, $1.50.  No big deal.

Sorry.  That is crazy!!!  I have $62,000 pesos on it though.  Estoy cheto.  Haha jk
All right see ya later!!!!!!!!!

dont stress about the pics or mail, just curious and whatever.  If nothing works than that is fine.  I read your responses next week.  Thanks and love you!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment