Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 2016

Dallin H Oaks Christmas Devotional
Significant events seem insignificant to many - only a few understand their worth.
We must be in tune with the spirit to recognize such miraculous experiences.
Only three groups knew of the birth of Jesus. The wise, the humble, and the Holy. (Terrestrial, celestial, exalted (Simeon and Ammon)).
We must lay before Christ our most precious gifts of a broken heart and contrite spirit.
With our disabilities, we are given strengths.
We will teach people who have no idea what the savior has done for them. We must teach them. 
We never sing a solo when we testify. The Holy Ghost will always testify as well.

Lord, I would follow thee

David Archuleta Devotional
God knows who we are. He answers our prayers.
Be willing to show Christ your weakness so he can make you strong and lift you up.
Don't be afraid of what you believe. Be willing to be ridiculed or misunderstood. 
Mary did you know, my little prayer, glorious, 

1. My zone after a skyball tourney
2. White Christmas!





It's crazy to think that my time here is gone and I'll be in Argentina in just a short little bit. :)
Last Tuesday W. Craig Zwick of the 70 talked to us.  He gave that analogy of the Dead Sea and the Sea of Galilee and how they both receive the same water, but the sea of Galilee has an outlet, but the Dead Sea does not.  SO, we must both receive and give.  He said that Christ is the ultimate light, so we need to face him so we can reflect his light to others so that they can see us in him.  
Other than that, pretty normal week with just a few things like In-Field Orientation and stuff. Super excited to get in the field!
Also was super excited for Christmas!  So awesome!  Christmas eve we had a nativity and watched some videos and stuff.  Pretty cool.  Then, back at the dorm, we just talked and played games and ate pizza!  So much fun.  We were gonna sleep out in the halls together, but the security Guard came and told us to go to bed.  Haha next year. ;)
Christmas was super swell as well!  Dallin H. Oaks came and talked to us for a devotional in the morning.  He had half of his extended family with him (which was a lot of people) and they did a lot of singing and musical numbers and stuff.  Elder Oaks and his wife talked to us shortly but basically just bore their testimony.  He also stayed for sacrament meeting.  We had a combined sacrament meeting with the entire MTC, it was cool. There was 9 tables total with the bread and water!  After, like 9 random people or so got called on to speak.  Cool hearing their testimonies.  Then Elder Oaks talked for a short bit.  It was funny cause he starts by saying that he saw some missionaries take the sacrament with their left hand.  He said it was his duty to correct us and he told us the importance of taking it with our right hand.  Pretty cool.  He then just gave a brief talk and ended with his testimony.
Then, Christmas night, David Archuleta came!  Super cool! he sang a bunch of songs (most Christmas) and talked in between songs about missionary work and his testimony.  I shook his hand after. :) Haha when he first walked in, all the sister missionaries were screaming.  You would've thought we were at a Justin Bieber concert or something.  Haha they were quickly shushed by the Elders. :)
Just want to let you know that I love this Gospel and know that it is true!  I know we have a savior who died and suffered for us so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father forever.  It's funny as I've thought about my experience here at the MTC.  I've thought back to those 3 apostles that have come give devotionals.  And honestly, they were pretty cool and the spirit was strong when they came, but I feel the spirit so much stronger when I'm Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helping others to come unto him.  I love that so much! :)

Love your letter!
Dad and Brayden are putting together afan that will go on the fireplace. Davey and I are conquering the upstairs. We are packing all of your things and moving Davey in your room. 
After the rooms the boys will be installing two Badets for the boys toilet and ours. 
We had a wonderful Christmas! My highlight was visiting with you. I can tell you are having fun and learning a lot.
Hope everything goes well with you traveling to Argentina. Love you so much! 
Love you 
Mom
xxxooo

Bidets? Like the things that squirt water up your butt?
Why is Davey moving into my room? Oh, is Brayden going back to his room?

Yep, it will squirt water up your butt, haha.
Brayden wanted to move back so we started his room yesterday. We are almost done with Brayden's room - Davey has a lot of things to move. I'm hoping when you get back we'll have the basement done and we'll move you in down there.

I'm gonna be sending a package home with letters and stuff.  You can through them away if you want.  But don't throw away the part of me!  Haha you'll find out what I mean.

Sounds good - we'll watch for it.

 So is your PDay moved to today because you're leaving Wednesday or why? Mom told me that you were on in writing and I was a little bit surprised. It was so very good to hear from you yesterday. I hope you had a good Christmas. Grandma Moss called late last night and we talked for a while and part of that talk was about  you. Everybody sure missed you during this Christmas holiday. We practiced with mom and her phone and doing a three-way call so the plan on Wednesday will be for you to call her and then she will put you on hold and call me and then merge the calls – she think she knows how to do it.

I leave tomorrow. So we have just been treating today kind of like our
p day. So I leave here at 8:50 so I probably won't call until around
11 or 12. Hope that's okay. Should I call grandparents as well? What
are their numbers?

Mom just explained it to me, that you arrive there on the 28th but you have to leave tomorrow. So that makes sense as to why you're doing PD today.

Call whenever it is most convenient for you and when you have the time and can find a place to call from. If we are busy at work then will just try to make it work out. You can call the grandparents if were busy and then call us back. But I think you can count on us trying to make it work.

Mom just explained it to me, that you arrive there on the 28th but you have to leave tomorrow. So that makes sense as to why you're doing PD today.
Call whenever it is most convenient for you and when you have the time and can find a place to call from. If we are busy at work then will just try to make it work out. You can call the grandparents if were busy and then call us back. But I think you can count on us trying to make it work.
 I think that would be really nice if you have time to call them. 
Grandpa Moss 435-668-2528
Grandma Moss 435-632-2960
Grandma Coombs 435-215-6813
Grandpa Coombs 435-673-4941
 So, are you already to go, are you all packed up, any issues or problems with your luggage you're packing? 

Yep good! Turning in my iPad right now! See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment