Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December 13, 2016

So how are u. I think your learning spanish faster then i am. So not fair. We all really miss you here at home. How was your birthday. I love u

Love you too man! I'm doing good! I think you can learn a language
faster while on a mission because you're doing it for the Lord, not
for yourself. You know? You got to keep practicing and do good in your
classes though so we can talk in Spanish when I get back. You, dad and
me will all be able talk together! ;)


Chase,
Thought I would share the post in Facebook about Brayden's Eagle Project. We'll be delivering them tonight....I'm sooo excited!
"Fifteen beautiful quilts are done, ready to be given to fifteen wonderful children of God. I'm so proud of Brayden's hard work. His drive to do service for others around him amazes me daily. He wouldn't have been able to do this project without many hands of love. Thank you to those who helped!"
Love ya -
Mom
xxxooo


That's so cool! I'll miss being in that eagles nest! ;) 

Here is your funny for the day.
We were reading my scriptures this morning 2 Nephi 11, Brayden was listening but he was in the guest bathroom. Davey told Brayden he was goingto quiz him after the chapter to see if he was really listening. When the chapter was done Davey asked Brayden who was speaking in the chapter? Brayden's response was, "it was the brother of Jared." It was hilarious!! Sooo funny, we all laughed!
Love the humor in our family!
Love ya 
Mom, xxxooo 

Hahaha that's awesome. Made me laugh. :)

I had a typo Brayden said, "brother of Jacob"

Oh even better! Haha that's awesome. 

Here's some pics. You should send me one of all your students or just of yourself. :)



Let me explain what i queen about my subject line.  Haha, we just had another district leave from our zone.  In total we've had 3 leave and 3 are here right now.  My district has now been in here the longest.  Not that that really means anything.  I can't wait to get to Argentina though!  On wednesday we hosted the new missionaries which was a lot of fun! We get to host tomorrow too!  I hosted two missionaries, one going to Stralia and another going to Cambodia!  Pretty cool.
Our lessons with investigators are going pretty good.  Finally got Ivette to read the Book of Mormon with us, and when she did, she said it was beautiful.  The spirit is so strong during the lessons with any investigator (even if they're members).  :)
I really love D&C 68:4 how it says that if we teach by the spirit, our words become scripture.  Really inspiring and good motivation to always strive for the spirit.
The devotional on Tuesday was by Elder Craig C. Christensen of the Presidency of the Seventy.  He talked about how we need to learn about Christ and then follow what he did by serving others.  Also that we need to yoke ourselves first to Christ, then to our companions, then to the members.  We must be in sync with each of them or else we won't progress anywhere.
Sunday devotional was by the BYU Men's Chorus.  Super beautiful.  I recognized Hayden Anderson, and the twins that I worked with at Tuacahn.  They're music was super powerful and just cool.
After the devotional, we watched Open your Mouths by Elder Holland.  Super awesome.  Some highlights are that the only offensive part of the armor of god is the sword of the spirit.  And the sword of the spirit is the word of God.  So our words, what we say, is super important.  We have to talk to people.  We have to pray for the spirit to have utterance and know what to say.  When joseph Smith prayed to God in the Sacred grove, Satan, it says, bound his tongue.  If satan could have, he would have killed Joseph Smith right there to stop the restoration.  But he doesn't have the power to kill people.  So, Elder Holland says that Satan did the next worst thing to killing Joseph Smith - He bound his tongue so he couldn't say words.  So he couldn't use that sword of the spirit.  Pretty interesting.  We can't just do the will of Satan by voluntarily keeping our mouths closed.  We have to open our mouths.
Tonight everyone thinks we'll have an apostle speak at the devotional.  The general consensus is President Uchtdorf.  Haha I think it's kind of funny how hype everyone gets about the thought of an apostle coming.  :)  We'll see tonight, and I'll let you know next week!

Chase,
I feel like I totally missed visiting with you last week. Tuesdays are really hard for me to visit, since this day I have my meetings. I'll try to do better when you start to get online.
Last week wasn't as busy as the week before...my stress level is a lot lower.
Dad and I went to the Mortimer's on Wednesday to visit and give gifts to the missionaries in our ward. It was sooo much fun! We also had a meeting at Willowcreek for Brayden. We met with the school counselor and went over what things the students needs to be aware of for graduation as well as summer school (getting ahead). Brayden really wants to do summer school so he can get ahead, plus he thinks it will be fun. Later that night we also had the BYU basketball game. It was a great day filled with a lot of fun.
Thursday was my day of service... I was able to go visit two sisters in the ward (visiting teaching). Have I ever told you how much I love to do visiting teaching? I love going into the homes and sharing the gospel while visiting with them.
Friday was my rest day... I  didn't have anything to do but be a mom. I LOVE those days!!!
Saturday we had a lot going on. Brayden had the football awards banquet, Dad and I both were able to go. The food was great as well as being with Brayden! I love how we walk in to the school and the boys greet Brayden saying, "Hey Moss". It makes my heart to feel good that he is liked with his teammates. After the banquet we dropped Brayden off and went to the BYU game. Dad and I have invited Dia and her husband to the game, since Davey had a dance and Brayden wanted to decorate his Christmas Gingerbread house. It was a great game...pretty close, but in the end BYU won by 8 points.
Sunday was so awesome! I loved the talks in church. The one that really stood out to me was given by our High Councilman, "Am I a Follower of Christ?" It really hit me...am I a follower of Christ? He said to be a follower of Christ we need to love others, learn to compliment others, give of yourself, etc. After church I had the family sit at the dinner table and ask them what they learned at church and then asked them to set a goal to be a better follower of Christ. I also told them they could come to Dad or I for any kind problems they may be having. I wanted them to know that I won't judge, but only love them (This goes for you too). I know I'm the corny one of the fam. We then went to Teri's home for Megan's birthday dinner. It was fun to be with everyone and eat yummy food. We had funeral potatoes, ham, rolls, and a yummy salad. I also went visiting to the other lady I visit.
OH... you will be getting a package either on Monday or Tuesday, please open it now!!! This is kind of a prequel to your Christmas, but I don't want you to wait to open them because you can use them now. Let me know if you get them and if you are okay with them - I had Davey's help.
Can't wait to visit with you tomorrow!
Love you and pray for you always!
Mom, xxxooo

I love the sweaters and the ear muffs! Ear things are a lifesaver and so comfy! And my district says the sweaters make me look like mr. rogers haha. I take that as a compliment though. 
Forgot to charge my iPad. At 2 percent. Sorry. I'll email later today at a computer and check every now and then. Haha. 

I guess we have a new nickname for you... "Mr. Rogers"

I can't wait to read your email! I'll try to be patient.
Love ya,
Mom
xxxooo

Love it!  Got onto a computer in the laundry room while my ipad is charging and just sent out my email.
If I need to send a package home, where should I send it?  Home, or BYU? 

Either 
Home
388 S 630 E
Lehi, 84043
OR
Office
Tamara Moss 
HCEB 236
BYU, Provo 
It might be free to send it to my office.
Love you, 
Mom xxxooo 

We went to Iceberg - had fun



That's awesome. Love Davey's face.
Just so you know, I'm making a list of all the times you go out to eat
so we can go when I get back. Haha :)

Funny....it's a deal

1 & 2 in Laundry room.  Elder clegg and Elder Noftle in background.  
3 & 4 in computer room emailing
There‘s not really anything exciting at the MTC so all my photos are selfies haha :)









Sorry, busy today.  You got this letter.



Oh yeah I saw that. That's really cool. I've finally got all the stuff
memorized in the temple. But today was probably the last time I'll go
for two years. Haha oh well. Love the temple


Did I already send that letter? Mom says I'm getting old cause I keep forgetting things (I forgot to eat lunch today). 
Are things better with your companion? How about homesickness, how are you doing? 
 We will be ready between 315 and 515 on Christmas Day for you to call. You can call either my phone or mom's phone, well you can call anyone's phone for that matter, but we'll be anxiously awaiting. 

Yeah you did. No worries. 
They are about the same.
Not homesick at all. 
Cool. I'll call moms phone

Sometime between 3:15 to 5:15 on Christmas Day, I will have 30 min to
telephone home.

I'm so excited!! I'm going to love the phone call! 
Love you -Mom

Chase,
How are things going? Are you healthy and happy?
Mom

Mom,
Things are going well. I've actually been quite sick with congestion.
I wake up every morning with super thick, dark yellow snot and I have
to blow my nose constantly throughout the day. But I'm doing good.
Chase

Are you using your save? Or pills we sent you? Do you need us to get you a Nettie pot?

I've been popping pills. I'm almost better. No Nettie pot is needed. 
Let me know if you can hear the voice recording

I can, but only from my phone. 
-Mom

Elder Holland Devotional 12/13/16
Book of Mormon was the first thing the lord wanted or needed to restore. Don't do anything else until you have translated the Book of Mormon. The first gift of the restoration. D&C 5:4
The Book of Mormon is the best and most important tool in missionary work. Keystone of our religion. Either Joseph smith is a prophet or a fraud. Nothing in between. 
Leave with the Book of Mormon and come home with it, and use it and teach it the remainder of your lives.
To be converted, you must read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony of it. 
Be the best you can be, but be yourself. And give all the glory to God. 
It's God's work, but he needs instruments and tools. What kind of instrument will we be? God's ability can be limited due to a poor instrument. Be the instrument that God wants to pick up to do his work.
I've got to work my tail off. Holland worked construction during the summers, but a mission was harder. 
Must have the power of the word within us. Preach with power and authority. Go astonish someone with your message. Be astonishing. Speak with thunder. 
Only those who are repenting can bring others to repentance. 
Missionary work is hard because it was hard for the savior. Salvation is not cheap.  The road to salvation goes through salvation. 
Elder Holland's apostolic blessing: We will see in our hearts that this message is true. To have faith in missionary work. To be safe and healthy. My family will be blessed. I will have answers to my prayers. To have an impact on my companions and work with them.
Alma 26


No comments:

Post a Comment