Thursday, November 24, 2016

November 24, 2016

Well the Empty Sea is sure different than I expected.  It was so overwhelming like the first three days.  I got like a 30 lb bag full of language material. And then we jumped right into the studying.  We study for like 10 hours a day.  That includes language, gospel, companion, and personal study.  Mostly language study though.  And like 7 of those hours is without a teacher or anybody.  Just our district in a tiny classroom.  So there's no direction or instruction or anything.  That's kind of stressful.

In my first Spanish class, the teacher only talked in Spanish, and we jumped right into teaching PMG (PME in spanish) lessons.  I kind of thought we would learn the basics of the language, and then practice giving lessons, but I was very wrong.  I think on my second day we taught our first investigator.  Yes, in Spanish.  It was very hard.  His name is Federico and we had 20 min with him. It's hard putting together lessons in Spanish.  But the hardest part is when he talks because I have no idea what he is saying.  Es muy dificil. I try my hardest though.

My companion is Elder Barmore.  His spanish is even worse than mine (No judging) so the lessons are very difficult.  I do most of the talking.  He is from West Texas.  He's a good guy.  We don't butt heads too often.  Elder Dean is our District Leader.  He's interesting.  He loves to talk and try to lead meetings.  I think he thinks that because he is District Leader, he has to talk to us all the time and give like speeches to us.  Idk, he's a good guy though.  So 6 of us (Elder Dean, Elder Simon, Elder Robinson, Elder Hardy, Elder Barmore, and me) are going to Neuquén Argentina.  And there's even more in the empty sea going there too.  It's pretty popular.

Let's see, today I went to the temple and did a session so that was really cool. and Tonight we have a devotional.  I love P-Days (Tuesdays) and Sundays.  Because we can just relax (well not really relax), but we don't have to study for so long.

It's been hard but I know this Church is true and I know this is where I need to be.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment